Friday, March 18, 2011

Catching Up Part 2

Jodi and I have both been busy bees in our sewing rooms trying to get caught up on all of our March Bee blocks that need to be made for various bee members.  Didn't you just love all of Jodi's blocks that she showed?  She is so creative and has such a good sense of color!  It's no wonder that she has a degree in home ec.

This week has been about as busy of a week sewing that I have had in a long time.  I am in a bee called the Freedom Bee.  In this bee there are 16 of us participating.  We each sent out fabric to all bee members and they had the "freedom" to make any block they wanted using our fabrics.  So, I received 16 packages with the loveliest fabrics in them. The blocks were due the 15th of March, but we really have until the 31st to get them mailed.  I had 6 more blocks to make this week.  Sounds easy, but sometimes it is hard to figure out what block to make with certain fabrics!  Here are the blocks I made this week.







I also had a couple other bee blocks to make.  One for my Tag Square Bee and the other for my Adventure in Quilting Bee.  



(My blocks really are square!!!  I'm just not a very good photographer!!)

You would think that I would be done for the month.....but.....NO!  I still have more bee blocks to make!
sigh.......................

**********************************************************************************

Before our trip to Arizona, I made a baby quilt for a friend of my daughter's who just had a baby.  Jodi gave me the idea for this quilt and I just love the way it turned out.  I even machine quilted it myself.


I machine (raw edge) appliqued the hearts on.  The large rick rack added a lot of pizzaz to the quilt.  Love it!

**********************************************************************************

On another note....my husband and I had a fabulous time on our vacation to Scottsdale, Arizona with our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter!  The sun was wonderful and we enjoyed every minute we spent out in it!  We swam, ate out, played cards, and went to a spring training baseball game (Royals vs. Rockies).  We also went to the zoo!  Here are a few pictures of our week in the sun!

Loving the sun and water!
At the ballgame!  It was Parker's first time at a ballpark.
Eating out.
First Zoo visit.
I just love this little girl!!  Always so happy!
**********************************************************************************

I am the luckiest mom today because two of my kids are coming home!  My son is playing in a golf tournament this weekend at our golf course and my oldest daughter is coming for a long visit with just me!  She and I are headed to the lake tomorrow for 4 or 5 days.  I may not be blogging while I'm gone, but I will be sewing...... A LOT!!   :)  And Jodi and I have plans to skype while we are both sewing, so it is going to be a great week!

---Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...