Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sew Busy


It has been a productive week as I have been finishing up some projects. For every grandchild, I make a play mat for them to play on. It has a special meaning that I want them to grow up knowing! I hope you can read the center square. Doesn't this look like fun with all the colors and things to look at?




















For about 2 months now I have been stewing over the Koffman Kona Cotton Challenge that I have been doing through the Front Range Modern Quilt Guild. Our guild put the following guidelines on our quilts.

1. We had to use every fabric from the charm pack in our quilt.
2. We could only add 1 solid fabric to the front of our quilt.
3. The back and binding could be from any fabric that we wanted to use.
4. It needed to be completed, quilting and all, by our July 11th meeting.

There you have it!! This is what I came up with.




















I named my quilt "Circles in Life"!


The label for my quilt

"Our family is a circle of strength and love, with every birth and every union, the circle will grow, every joy shared adds more love, every crisis faced together, makes the circle stronger." Author Unknown


Have fun quilting!!
Luv ya, Jodi


3 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! Jodi, that circle quilt is so neat! Did you hand applique all of he circles or do it by machine? You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice work!! congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Circles in Life quilt! What great use of the fabrics! Great job.

    I love the center square of the play mat. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...