Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Do you ever have one of THOSE days?

Today was one of those days for me.  You know the kind of day I'm talking about!  The one where no matter what you do or how you do it, nothing seems to get done.  But...and this is a BIG but....I did sew!  Since we have had this much snow....

Yikes...this is what 19 inches of snow looks like in Kansas!

But, isn't it beautiful?

I haven't gotten out of the house much this week.  You would think that I could at least have my house all picked up, the laundry done, and every meal planned and prepped! Wrong!!  All I have wanted to do is sew.  

So today I worked on an Amish nine patch.  I have made two of these already and still have a lot of those 3" blocks left.  Hmmm, I might need to find them a new home soon since I am sooo tired of them.  

Work in progress.
3 inch blocks!

Finished top.  It still needs to be machine quilted.


And I made a couple blocks for a queen or king quilt called Amish Arrows.  I think I see a theme developing here!
This will be a very scrappy quilt.  My favorite!

Today I even made 5 blocks for a quilting bee that I am in.  I can't show you those yet!

I tried to make dinner tonight!  See, I even got all the ingredients together for my sisters recipe of shredded beef in gravy.  YUM!

See that diet coke?  You put that in the pot with all the other ingredients.
Seems weird, but it is oh so good!

But, since it was one of those days, my DH took me out to dinner.  He is such a sweetheart!

I really should get off the computer and at least go and clean the kitchen.  (Did I mention that I still have dishes in the sink from this morning?)  I should, right???  Well, I will as soon as I finish just one more block!

***Oh and an update on our puppy, Winston.  To date he has eaten 5 pairs of glasses (2 were my DH and 3 were mine), 1 pair of sunglasses (mine again - he ate those today, grrrr), and various odds and ends.  (I really do keep things picked up and out of the way.  I just don't know how he gets to them!)  Next up... Puppy Boot Camp!  And I have told everyone I know....NO MORE PUPPIES - EVER!!***  

How was your day???  I would love to hear your stories!

---Jackie





4 comments:

  1. I need to give you my address LOL because I really really need that Amish quilt :)
    Puppies hmmm don't go there! Ours tried to eat one of our chickens - bad puppy - but yet is scared of the cats
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of your snow. And I would say that housework isn't going anywhere...and since hubby took you to eat, not making meals paid off. =)

    That puppy on the other hand...I'd have to say he's sounding a bit costly. =)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got more snow than we did this round it looks like! We had to put our dog, Murphy, down two years ago. My husband really wants to get another dog....keep telling those puppy stories, Jackie, so I'll keep saying "No way!"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of snow! And ever so pretty.......housework? it will be there in a little bit so relax and have some sewing fun......Love the little mini quilt with those small squares. The colors are great.......puppy's chew on everything they find....try some rawhide bones....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...