Monday, November 29, 2010

One Thing, One Week Challenge

I got my challenge done for this week.  And, it is now at it's new home....my daughter's!  My challenge was to quilt, bind and make a label for an advent calendar.  The calendar is for my granddaughter.  My daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter were here for Thanksgiving, so I really, really wanted to get it done before they headed home to Colorado.


This was a kit and wasn't hard, but I just couldn't get too excited about it.  I am so glad to have had the One Thing, One Week Challenge since it really made me get it done.  I know that my granddaughter will enjoy and treasure it for a long, long time!  And isn't that why we make things, so that others will enjoy and treasure them?

---Jackie

6 comments:

  1. Parker will really love it as she gets older. I wonder where my kit is??? Guess I better get to looking!! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute advent calendar, I have one i made years ago that is still kicking around, my nephews like to put legos in it and eat all the candy, the legos are so my husband doesnt know that the chocolate is gone, but little do the boys know, he knows!! they do it each year, its so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, indeed, there is nothing like an Advent calendar that needs to get done in time. We must be on the same page.
    I have never seen one tht gives candy. It certainly would be a lot easier than carving tiny decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT's so beautiful! You did an amazing job! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is cute! I never seen an advent calendar like this one. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really nice, Jackie! Your granddaughter will surely enjoy it. What is it with advent calendars?! I couldn't get excited about making mine, either. It took me about 15 months to get through it:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...