Friday, January 7, 2011

Blessings

Christmas time is such a blessing. The anticipation and preparation are half the fun. I was having my whole family home....Derick and Shannon with their boys, Asher and Theodore, Brett and Kate with their daughter, Maren. Tiffany was also coming home after having finished her semester in pharmacy school. What more could a Mom ask for? After all, it had been 2 years since we had all been together.
I was sewing and finishing things even after Christmas.


A quilt for Theodore

A jacket and hat for Maren
I didn't get a picture of the jacket and hat on Maren. It was so cute and she just loved it. I will definitely post that at another time.

This is the quilt I made for Tiffany.

I also made two more quilts just like this one above for Asher and Maren. On the back of all the quilts I put Minky. Tiffany especially loved the quilt as it was made out of fabrics that she remembered from the past. (Dresses, other quilts I have made, etc) The little ones were thrilled to have a quilt just like Aunt "T's".


In the corner of each quilt I embroidered their name.

I made many other small projects and gifts for my friends and family. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures taken of them. I am going to do a better job of that next year.

With the family together we just had to take some pictures. We were so glad that we took pictures the first day we were all together because there are always unexpected events that can happen. Tiffany was sick on Christmas day and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia, exhaustion, and dehydration. She was one sick girl. (I guess this is what Pharmacy school does to you at the end of semester finals.) We missed our extended family Christmas party and 4 days of her time with her brothers and their families was lost. Asher and Theodore ended up the last two days of their visit throwing up. I hope that is not too graphic but it was hard as they were about ready to fly home to Florida. Oh my, life in the Wyss family is always an adventure. An adventure that is filled with love, support, and even surprises!!

Again I say to you, "What more could a Mom as for than to have her family all around her?" Life truly is a blessing even in the unexpected adventures that we share together as a family.

Brett, Kate, and Maren

Shannon, Derick, Theodore and Asher

Tiffany with Asher

Gigi & Papa with the grandkids!!

The Wyss Family

2010 has been a great year. We are looking forward to 2011 and adding 2 new little ones to our family. Yes, we are truly blessed!!
Happy 2011 to you and your family!

Luv ya, Gigi

4 comments:

  1. Lovely family pictures, I'm sure you are treasuring them! That little jacket is about the cutest thing I ever saw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE!!! Love that little jacket and all your beautiful family photos! I'm so glad you could all be together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to spend time with family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi, I love looking at your beautiful family pictures! What cute grandchildren and lovely family you have! What a bummer to have illness come uninvited to your gathering, though! You have certainly been a busy lady. Is the "That Girl" quilt finished? I have mine all laid out but no blocks sewn together....it's on my list! Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...