Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I have been up to!

Christmas and New Year's are over and I am ready to sew!!  I got all my decorations put away yesterday and I cleaned my sewing room today.  I am in several bees, so I need to get busy making blocks.  I can't wait!  It will be so fun.

Here are just a few things that I made before Christmas for gifts.  Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures of everything I made.

Gifts for my granddaughter---Parker!

Santa Bag
A knock off of one seen at Pottery Barn
Santa Mug Rug
Pattern by Jodi at Pleasant Home
Reversible Christmas Bib
Pattern by Karen Rellaford

Gifts for my wonderful sister---Gigi

Sewing Machine Cover
Pattern by Candice at Sparkle Power
Hexie Caddy
Pattern by Penny at Penny's Hands

I had so much fun sewing for my granddaughter this year.  I hope to sew for her for years and years to come.

My daughter, Carisa and granddaughter, Parker!


Over the New Year, my husband and I were in Colorado with all our kids.  We had such a wonderful time all being together and having a late Christmas celebration.


The whole gang.

My husband told me recently that this is his very least favorite time of year.  (He is a golfer!)  It is cold and dreary out and he misses his golf.  I can just imagine what it is like.  I would hate it if I couldn't quilt for 3-4 months!  My reply to him is that this is one of my favorite times of year for the same reason!  (Don't get me wrong....I love, love, love SUMMER!!)  I love it that the weather is now cold and dreary!  All I want to do is stay in, hibernate in my sewing room or snuggle under a warm quilt with one of my hand projects.  I'd better get busy....I have a lot of projects to start and finish before summer comes!  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!





4 comments:

  1. I love your photo of the whole gang - it is so lovely when family get to gether. Sadly mine can't for various reasons . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your machine cover! I'm glad you had a nice holiday! =) It was buy here too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Hexie Caddy Pincushion! Thanks for joining the Hexie Caddy Parade :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas with family.....nothing could be better!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...