Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bindings, Monsters and a Lake!

Today I am at one of my favorite places in the world.  A beautiful lake!  And it is truly beautiful today with clear skies, blue water and trees that are turning all different colors.  I just love this day!


AND, I am sewing away in my wonderful sewing loft in our cabin.  I have a really nice sewing room at home, but this one is the best, just because of the beauty that surrounds me.  Oh, I'm a lucky girl!

On to sewing...I had to do the dreaded sewing on the binding this afternoon on a king size quilt.  I think sewing on binding is one of the worst things ever.  I do love to sew it down by hand after sewing by machine, but wrangling a big quilt through a little sewing machine is the pits.  But, it-is-done! 

Once that was complete, I made my granddaughter an "Ugly Doll" for Halloween or as I call them, Ugly Monster Dolls.  If you have never seen an Ugly Doll, just google it on the Internet.  You will see why they are called UGLY!  My daughter saw one in a baby store that we were in together and exclaimed how she just loved them and wanted one for her daughter, Parker!  I looked at the price tag (around $30.00!), and with my mom's voice ringing in my ears, I said, "I can make that!"!  The doll is very simple and it looked easy to make.  My only problem is is that I am in no way an artist!  There are no patterns out there (that I could find), so I had to draw my own.  That took longer than making the thing!   :)  But, mission accomplished and it is done.  I don't have a picture to post of it because I left my camera at home.  I will try to post it later in the week.

As I said, this has been a good day.  But, if only my sister was here with me.....then it would be a PERFECT day at the lake!

---Jackie

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...