Tuesday, October 5, 2010

LISTS.....

Hi, my name is Jackie and I am a list maker...

If there was a support group for compulsive list makers, I would be a charter member. 


I make lists for groceries, errands to run and I make lists of lists to make.  I just love my lists.  There is something wonderfully rewarding about making a long list and then marking through each item as I complete the task. 

These days, my lists are much shorter than they were when my kids were young and living at home.  Then my lists contained information about dance lessons, football games, dentist appointments, etc.  Now my lists have more mundane tasks and things such as my haircut appointments, the dogs grooming appointments, going to the bank, getting gas....well, you get the idea.

BUT - I cannot make myself make a to-do list of all the quilt projects that I have yet to finish or even start.  I guess it is because I have so many projects that if I list them all, I will be super overwhelmed.  I just don't want to be reminded of how many quilts there are to make.    Here is just a sampling of what is ahead of me.....
Even though I haven't made any kind of list of all my quilt projects, I do have some of them in bins that are even labeled as to size.  Now, the question is, when will I ever get to them?  There are always new projects that are much more exciting and interesting to make. 

So, I have made a promise to myself..... I WILL NOT BUY ANY NEW PATTERNS, BOOKS OR KITS until I have made at least 3 projects out of these bins.  (Notice I didn't mention not to buy any fabric??  I know that that is one promise that I couldn't possibly keep!)  Stay tuned for the completed quilts and wish me luck.  This is one promise that is going to be really hard for me to keep!

I'm off to tackle one of those lists............
---Jackie

In this blog I also wanted to include a picture of the "Ugly Monster Doll" that I made for my granddaughter for Halloween.  I made him/her out of orange felt (off of a bolt).  He/she is a bit lumpy from the stuffing.  Just couldn't get it smooth enough.  Next time I will sew batting in between the front and back and then stuff it.  I think this would make it a lot smoother.

                                                      
I hope he/she isn't too scary for my granddaughter!  She's only 2 1/2 months old!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I just had comment when I saw that you we not letting yourself buy any more books or patterns until you made some things from your bins. I had to smile, because I've been telling myself this for the past couple of weeks, too! I've been on a book buying binge, I have tons of magazines w/ projects in them that I want to sew, etc, but I haven't sewn a single thing from them and I keep buying more! So, I sure hope that you can stick with your plan.....and I'll try my best to stick w/ mine! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...